The New Jeep JL is equipped with new computer controlled electro-hydraulic steering (EHPS), electronic stability control (ESC) electronic roll mitigation (ERM), and a weight saving aluminum housing steering gearbox. PSC has taken the Jeep JL steering system back to the drawing board and engineered our exclusive Big Bore XD-JL Steering Gearbox and a traditional belt-driven High Flow Mechanical Power Steering Pump Conversion, producing an essential upgrade to solve the original steering issues and efficiently handle the increased torque loads due to larger tire sizes and installing aftermarket axle assemblies.
2018 Jeep JL 2 Door/4 Door 3.6L Pentastar with Dana 60 Type Axle
- Eliminates excessive on-center "play" at the steering wheel
- Eliminates electro-hydraulic pump overheating
- Increased Torque Output turns 37"- 44" tire sizes
- Improved turning capability when locking differentials are engaged
- SG689R Big Bore XD-JL Cylinder Assist Steering Gear Box
- High Flow Mechanical Pump Conversion Kit
- Jeep JL Reservoir Kit
- Upgraded High Pressure Hose Assembly
- Upgraded Return Line Kit
- Fluid Cooler Kit
- SC2201K Steering Assist Cylinder Kit
- Tie Rod Clamp (available in 38MM or 40MM sizes)
- SWEPCO 715 Power Steering Fluid
A Tazer JL Programmer (Tazer JL & Tazer JL MINI) will need to be purchased to override the OEM electro-hydraulic pump functions when installing the PSC High Flow Mechanical Pump Conversion Kit, https://zautomotive.com/product/tazer-jl/
Positive caster increases align torque, aka the force that straightens the steering wheel when you go forward, which improves straight line stability of the car. Due to the geometry of positive caster this will also increase negative camber gain when turning, which will enable a wider tire contact patch.
The caster angle is a major contributor to directional control. An insufficient amount of positive caster angle will decrease driver effort at the steering wheel, but may make the vehicle too sensitive and twitchy, especially as speed increases. To achieve the best on-the-road driving experience, recommended front axle caster setting is 4-7 degrees positive.